What Can You Do?

-KIndess: -Why do it? -Previous Acts: -Do your part:

What Can You Do?

Zoe Baldwin, Staff

Kindness:

Everyone knows of kindness for it stands for being considerate of others while showing empathy. It can be expressed in what you say as well as what you do for others. There are several ways of expressing kindness. From giving someone a simple smile to helping someone personally.

Why do it:

By being kind to others you affect their life as well as yours. The reason we are kind to others is to boost our mental state, even if you don’t realize it. If you think back to the last time someone was kind to you, you can imagine how that made you feel. Pretty good right? Well, that’s exactly how others feel when you say or do something nice for them. David W. Orr, a professor of Environmental Studies and Politics, says: “The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind … and these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.” 

Previous Acts:

• On March 14, 2020, a woman started doing grocery runs for elders to ensure that their exposure to the coronavirus was lowered.(goodnewsnetwork)
  • On March 7, 2020, a teenager in Ohio bought a ladies coffee for her (independent.co.uk)

Do your part:

You don’t need money or need to be a popular person to do an act of kindness. All it takes is getting the courage to recognize that someone is struggling and helping them. Whether it’s holding the door open or complimenting someone’s outfit. If you want to help keep humanity in ba; ance then you should do at least 5 good acts of kindness every week. Starting off simple and then working your way up.