How Covid-19 has Affected our Middle School Experience

Kameron R.

When Covid first hit most of us were happy that we had a few weeks off from school. Fast forward
almost a year later the global pandemic is still happening, distance learning has impacted all of us in
many different ways. Some people see distance learning as a good thing while others are looking forward
to when we can come back to school.
The impact of distance learning has taken shots from most students. From what I have heard,
most students are tired of the way they are learning. They are unmotivated to do anything, personally I
feel the need to go back to school. Some students actually have exceeded in distance learning, they like
this style of learning. But for the majority of students it has hurt our education, also it has had an impact
on our mental health.
What does this mean? I am basically saying that the effect of quarantine and distance learning
has affected our brain. For example, cdc.gov states: “Feelings of fear, anger, sadness, worry, numbness,
or frustration,Changes in appetite, energy, desires, and interests, Difficulty concentrating and making
decisions, Difficulty sleeping or nightmares ,Physical reactions, such as headaches, body pains, stomach
problems, and skin rash.”
So concluding this, I am saying that it is hard to cope with what’s happening in the world right
now. Some students are able to handle distance learning but for others it is hard to be motivated. This
also applies to me, I feel unmotivated to do any of my schoolwork.